Monday 10 March 2014

11 Random Things about the ReadItDaddy Team!

ReadItDaddy and Charlotte say "Hello lovely booky folk!"

Following on from a meme and tagging from the lovely Ms Xpat, we thought we'd join in with an informative post to introduce ourselves, and give you a bit more detail about Me (Daddy) and the brains of the outfit, Charlotte. On with the show!



1: Walk along the beach or skiing down a mountain?

Charlotte: Beach!
Daddy: Haven't been snowboarding in WAY TOO LONG so I would love to get snowbound once again!


2: If I handed you £10,000 right this minute, how would you spend it?

Charlotte: I would buy some Haribos, all the Lego Friends things or possibly sneak off to Disneyland for a week.

Daddy: I'd probably buy a Cintiq and a new Mac and then get told off stinking by my other half (so would spend the rest on her, of course!)


3: What was the first blog you read?

Charlotte: The CBeebies Blog

Daddy: Probably the Wood and Wire blog (Aussie and NZ Music blog from the 90s)


4: Do you have a pet hate?

Charlotte: Onions! Daddy always sneaks them into his cooking and I pick them all out!
Daddy: Can't stand fibbers!


5: Richard Branson has invited you on his space rocket, you are allowed to bring 4 other people, from anywhere in the world. Pick.

Charlotte: Daddy, Mummy, Grandma and Grandad
Daddy: The same!


6: What is your fondest childhood memory?

Charlotte: Probably going to Disneyland Paris and dancing with Cinderella, Belle and Aurora
Daddy: Country walks with my Nan and Gramp and Toby the dog.


7: What is the last book you read?

Charlotte: Shaun Tan's "Tales of Modern Suburbia" because I love Eric!
Daddy: Just polished off "The Last Policeman" by Ben H. Winters (again) - such a belter of a novel!


8: If you had to learn a new skill, what would it be?

Charlotte: I want to play the drums!
Daddy: I would seriously love to learn how to paint and draw properly. Mostly self taught and my skills suck! I draw every day though, at least once or twice a day so practice might actually help. Other than that, weirdly I'd love to learn how to crochet. Seriously.


9: Do you have a beauty regime? If so share!

Charlotte: I don't need one but Mummy and Daddy lavish a lot of attention on my hair.
Daddy: I fear it's a little too late for that but you can't knock a good moisturiser all year round (this coming from someone who used to do makeovers for The Body Shop in a previous life!)


10: If you could bring back one ‘trend’ from times gone by, what would it be?

Charlotte: Bring back Me Too! I Miss Granny Murray and Raymond!
Daddy: I think I'd campaign for bringing back cars with character. Most modern cars look the same, all boring and boxy. I love the sweeping curves and cool designs of the 50s and 60s (US and UK)


11: What are you most proud of (apart from being a great dad / daughter and blogger!)

Charlotte: My Grade 7 Gymnastics certificate and swimming certificates
Daddy: Mum and Charlotte. Without them I'd be a boring nerd, without a doubt!

Thanks to Mrs Xpat over at Tiger Tales for tagging us! We'll tag a few of our friends including Catherine at StorySnug, Anne-Marie at Child-Led Chaos, Helen at Capptivated Kids and Lol at StorySeekers.