Thursday 19 February 2015

"When Work and School get in the way of the important stuff - BOOKS!" - A ReadItDaddy Editorial

Awesome image courtesy of Claire Barker (@ClaireBarker on Twitter)

It's a tough thing to admit it but this year has already been so hectic. I started a new job and as she moves through year 2, Charlotte is sent home with more homework, and is taking on new challenges like learning the piano.

I began to worry that the blog might start to slip away from us.  My new job means no social media in the daytime, no promoting of blog posts and no surreptitiously writing reviews during daylight hours.

We still love books though, and that header image sums up just how 'golden' our reading time together still is (and I know @TheStrollingMum feels exactly the same way too). I started to realise that it's actually no bad thing to sit down in the evenings and type up a couple of our reviews. We can rein ourselves in so if you spot that review numbers go from several a day to one, you can bet we are pouring our book-loving hearts and souls into each one.

Our reviews are still compiled in the same way. I take mental or written notes of what Charlotte thinks about a book, and the discussions that surround each new book we read are still as animated and passionate as ever they were. Thank goodness because I can't imagine what it would be like if we really had to give up being ReadItDaddy (and believe me, it will take a lot more than 'just being a bit busier' to make us want to throw in the towel, in fact I can't think of anything that would).

If only there were more hours in the day though, eh?

(Huge thanks to Claire Barker for her inspirational image, what a fantastic little picture!)