Tuesday 12 December 2017

Anything But Books - a blog tag-o-thon - Tagged by BexCapades

In a break from our usual programming we're joining in a fantastic blog-tag-o-thon, and thank you V much to Bex over at https://bexcapadestravellingwithanxiety.wordpress.com for hitting us up.

So without further ado...bits from both of us!



Name a cartoon that you love

C: Powerpuff Girls, Ghibli movies, Adventure Time and Zootropolis (in fact just about anything Pixar-y)

Daddy: Oh gawd, this is a harder question than you'd think. I love classic Tex Avery cartoons (particularly stuff like Droopy or Screwy Squirrel) - Not very politically correct but they were so inventive and funny, and you never get bored watching them over and over again. I also love anime (Dirty Pair, Appleseed, Wings of Honneamise) and of course everything Ghibli and Pixar too.


What is your favourite song right now?
C: Either singing Despacito at the top of her voice, or Barbie Girl by Aqua. 

Daddy: Again too tough a question for me but I really love "Lights Out, Words Gone" by Bombay Bicycle Club and I'm utterly crazy about anything by Hooverphonic (particularly "Stranger")


What is something that your followers would be surprised at?
C: I am double jointed and can bend my elbows right back into weird angles. 

Daddy: I can skate like a diva, but only on inline skates. I am rubbish on quads or ice skates. I used to play Roller Hockey (again on inline skates) and that's about the best way to  learn how to be fast and manoeuvre your way out of trouble in a hurry.


What is your favourite, unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?

C: Maths. Maths is unnecessary, right? 

Daddy: I really want to learn how to crochet or make stuff out of wool / yarn, but I just can't seem to get the knack. I am thinking of turning to Needlefelting as that looks like it might be easier (it probably isn't!)


What is something unusual you know how to do?

C: Playing the piano. OK it's not that unusual but I can't think of anything else. 

Daddy: Aside from the skating, I make amazing pizza dough from scratch. I keep kidding myself that if my current job went sideways I could always set up a poncy artisanal pizza stall instead (and probably make four times as much dough..er I mean cash!) I can also speed read which comes in VERY handy when you run a book blog. 




Name something you have made in the last year

C: Christmas decorations, comics, a lot of amazing fashion designs and artsy stuff. I love making stuff. 

Daddy: Not sure if drawing counts, but I've drawn at least 2-3 pieces of art a day. It's all I'd do all day every day if I could. Oh and I made pizza dough this morning before work which is no mean feat.


What is your most recent personal project?

C: Making comics after Neill Cameron's excellent comics workshop at the Story Museum. There aren't enough girls drawing comics so my friend and I are going to do more!

Daddy: Writing children's stories, sucking at it, but basically having a word with myself to step back from it, breathe, re-assess 'the rules' and get back into it and really try and get something published.


Tell us something that you think of often

C: Cookies and cats. 

Daddy: My wife. Completely crazy about her, we've been together for 17 years and the last couple of years I think have been pretty tough but have just made me realise how bloody lucky I am that she's even interested in a spud-headed old goat like me. (Could probably list other stuff I think about often but that's not for this blog!)



Tell us something that is your favourite but make it oddly specific

C: Cats. Everything to do with cats. I would have a house full of cats but we can't have them where we live. Boo hiss!

Daddy: Passionate people. I love people who really just do not care what anyone else thinks, they know what they love and they will pursue that love regardless of the rest of the world. Passionate people who are almost tipping the point of being dangerous about their obsessions are the best to be around.

Whoah, well that was fun!

I'm tagging the following excellent folk: