Tuesday 27 June 2017

I Love My Birthday by Giles Andreae and Emma Dodd (Hodder Children's Books)

Do you love birthdays? Do you love books? Then you're going to love this awesome board book version of Giles Andreae and Emma Dodd's "I Love My Birthday"...
It's such an exciting morning when one little chap wakes up and realises what day it is.

It's a day for presents, for cake, for cuddles with mum and dad - and of course a brilliant party as well.

Fans of the "I Love My" series will know that this successful selection of children's books has covered many topics, but this one's all about the fun things that happen on your birthday as mum and dad pull out all the stops to make your day truly special.



Wake up Mum and Dad! It's 5 past six! Who cares if it's the weekend!
These books are bold and colourful, full of rhyming fun.

Breakfast time. What do you mean pancakes aren't one of your five a day?
Cake! What birthday is complete without cake!

Blow out all the candles, make a wish! (Bet mummy's wishing for a glass of prosecco and some peave and quiet)
...and of course awesome party fun.

Pass the Parcel. AKA "Grudgingly have the parcel wrestled from your iron grip to be passed to the girl who is crying her eyes out"
It's another winner from Giles and Emma. "I Love My Birthday" is out now, published by Hodder Children's Books.